To many people, this concept is completely new, however it has been around for decades. So what is flotation therapy / sensory deprivation?
Flotation Therapy is essentially a way of achieving deep relaxation by spending an hour or more lying quietly in darkness, suspended in a warm solution of Epsom salt and 10-11 inches of skin temperature water.
The concept of Flotation Therapy is based on the theory that up to 90% of the brain's normal workload is estimated to be caused by the effects of routine environmental stimulation (gravity, temperature, touch, light, sound). We are constantly bombarded with external stimulation as well as the incessant everyday background ‘noises’ & distractions that we may not even realize our minds are busily processing.
Floating in the tank, your senses are released from all these distractions, your body is weightless & you become a mind floating in space, enabling your body & mind to reach deep levels of relaxation/meditation that would normally take years of practice to achieve. The tank creates an environment where you can achieve pure sensory relaxation.
**SWIM CAPS ARE AVAILABLE OR YOU MAY BRING YOUR OWN**
Benefits of Flotation Therapy
The weightlessness combined with the benefits of Epsom salts also creates an ideal environment for injury recovery as well as providing relief from muscular pain & tension.
By freeing the mind from all distractions it can get back to focusing on repairing & rejuvenating your mind & body.
Float Therapy: Still Your Mind, Heal Your Body
Floating is a wonderful, natural therapy for nearly everyone but we do have some restrictions.
1. You cannot float if you have colored your hair in the past two weeks. Your hair color MUST run clear when you wash it to enter our float tanks.
2. Floating is great when you're pregnant! But we do not allow floaters in their first trimester. The first trimester of pregnancy is when your body is adjusting to this new hormonal and physical landscape. Wait until your second trimester. The same applies to massage.
3. It is better not to float if you have advanced kidney disease or uncontrolled diabetes, high/low blood pressure, or any condition with which you could pass out unexpectedly. Floating is very private so if you were to need assistance, we would not know for a while.
4. Clients receiving chemotherapy should wait 4 weeks after their last treatment to float.
5. Children under 14 must have a parent or guardian IN THE FLOAT ROOM with them when they float.
225 Smithville Church Road Suite 100 Warner Robins, GA 31088
CANCELLATION POLICY: Appointment "No Shows"and cancellations within two hours of your first appointment time will be charged at 100% of purchase price. Appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours noticed will be charged 50%. If you need to reschedule, we are more than happy to help you do so with at least 24 hours notice.